Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Senior Project Update

I like to tell people that my senior project is done. It's not a flat out lie considering that it mostly is done. Aside from the research paper, I've really set out to do what planned to accomplish in my letter of intent. My hours are conveniently finished, no mess no fuss, and the my Wake Up presentation is finished. While I still need to jump through some hoops. I just recently learned that we need to pick out our mentor and get an interview in a little over a week. While I was irritated that I wasn't notified sooner, I already have an unofficial mentor and this requirement shouldn't be too difficult. So, from what I can tell so far, the remainder of my senior project time will be spent tying up loose ends and meeting certain requirements.
However, while I may be able to eek by and pass the senior project without doing much more work, I plan on doing more. I'm hoping to do more work with the group that attended the Wake Up and hopefully do more events such as a World Cafe (an open space for small group conversation) and perhaps another longer Wake Up. I would also like to do presentations at the other high schools and possibly middle schools if I have time. 
At this point, I feel like my senior project is what the original intent was supposed to be; I actually enjoy my project and want to do more with it, not just the bare minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment